Wednesday, November 27, 2013

The House on Rock Harbor Road -- Thursday, September 28th 1961

Thinking of Wendell on this rainy Wednesday before Thanksgiving. So what better way to remember him than by posting another journal entry? Topics from Sept 28th 1961 include post Hurricane Esther landscaping. Wendell learns about a past inhabitant of his new house on Rock Harbor Road from townie Roscoe J. Nickerson. More talk of trees. Also, we may never know what's in it for Elmer.

To enlarge each image below for a better reading experience, right click and select Open Link in new window. In the new window, click the image to make larger or smaller.



4 comments:

Liz's Mom said...

Thanks for this post. I read it aloud to W. and we both loved it.

Dell Smith said...

I'm glad you guys can appreciate my dad's writing. Thanks for reading!

Robin said...

Hi Dell -- Another wonderful peek in to life in 1961. I'm so glad you're sharing Dad's journal.

Cynthia Sherrick said...

I loved this post! I can so picture Dad chatting with the local color and finding out about the new little town he'd moved to with his family. :)